Thursday, August 15, 2002

August 15, 2002: Rain is good, but there's such a thing as too much of a good thing. We've had nearly five inches of rain today (so far). That's too much. I was going to Hugo Valdez's retirement party at the college today, but there's no way I'm getting back out in this mess.

I was at school earlier, and the new chair of the English Department, Bea Hugetz, came by. While she was there, she signed a grade change form for Dr. Fox. That's the first time she'd signed one, and the first time I hadn't in 19 years. Not a big deal, but a sure sign that I'm no longer part of the big scheme of things. Or even the small scheme.

Judy and I will go to Austin tomorrow for the Armadillocon, a small regional SF convention. I'm a guest, even though I don't write SF. I'll be on a few panels, see a few freinds, visit a few bookstores. Can't beat a weekend like that.

No comments: