Thursday, June 02, 2005

Cap'n Bob Wants this Job, Too!

This comes via Art Scott, E.O.T.U. I don't have a link, so we'll just have to trust him.

TV MAN'S HAZZARD-OUS DUTY

Meet the New Yorker with the world's easiest and best-paying job.

Christopher Nelson is getting $100,000 a year to sit in his East Village apartment and watch reruns of "The Dukes of Hazzard."

The Country Music Channel, which airs the backwoods brawls-and-babes show, hired Nelson, 28, to watch it daily and drum up interest with a "Dukes" blog featuring trivia, contests and interviews with the original stars.

His title is vice president of the "Dukes of Hazzard Institute" — the president being The General Lee, the orange 1969 Dodge Charger that Bo, Luke and Daisy Duke tooled around in.

"This is a great job and I can do it right from my home. Any job that's a pants-optional position is all right with me," said Nelson, a transplanted Texan who'd been doing temp work as he tried to kick-start a music and writing career. Bill Hoffmann

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"This is a great job and I can do it right from my home. Any job that's a pants-optional position is all right with me," said Nelson, a transplanted Texan who'd been doing temp work as he tried to kick-start a music and writing career.

See Bill, had you moved from Texas to New York you might have had a shot at this job too.

Of course, there's always the Philadelphia option: Naked Zorro.

I bet the Cap'n would be good at that one.

Cap'n Bob said...

You'd have to pay me $100,000 a year to watch that show, despite the pleasant presence of Daisy Duck, er, Mae, er, Duke.

I'd need a longer sword to play Zorro, but I have the mask from my 8mm movie career.