Monday, September 11, 2006

The Hoff: Classier Than You Ever Imagined

The Hoff's 'friendship' with Diana: "Baywatch legend David Hasselhoff has claimed he was asked to sing at Princess Diana's funeral service.

The Hoff, whose musical talents are perhaps better known in Germany, said the Princess's brother asked him to perform at the service which famously featured Sir Elton John's outstanding rendition of a reworked 'Candle in the Wind'.

The former hunk in trunks said there was a common bond between the pair while the Princess was alive and that she even wrote him letters which she dared not send.

The Hoff said: 'Her brother Charles rang me up and asked me to sing at her memorial and he said she'd written me letters but had never sent them.

'He said 'was there something there?' and I said 'yeah'. I saw a lonely person in her, I saw a little girl and someone who needed a friend and I kind of needed a friend at that time and didn't even know it.

'We had a lot of fun together. The first thing she said to me was 'you look good with your clothes on' and I said 'so do you'.'

A spokesperson for Diana's brother, Earl Spencer, said: 'I'm afraid that we have nothing to say on this subject.'"

No comments: