Monday, May 26, 2008

Yet Another List I'm Not On

I have no comment on this list other than to say that I, for one, will not be reading the first book mentioned, even though it's already #1 on the NYT list.

10 new books for summer reading | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle: "With gas at $4 a gallon, journeys of the mind look mighty attractive this summer. Forget that road trip to Vermont. Here are 10 new books - none costing anything like what you'd spend filling up the Suburban - that seem particularly promising. I perused advance reading copies and pre-publication reviews, scrutinized publishers' catalogs and talked with Houston-area booksellers to put together the list."

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good news about the David Sedaris, but none of the others interest me.

When's the new Joe Lansdale book coming out?

Jeff

Unknown said...

I can't remember. Later this year, though.

JD Rhoades said...

And lest we forget (BSP ALERT) BREAKING COVER, by yours truly, comes out July 23d!

Patrick Shawn Bagley said...

I'd rather read Dusty's latest than any of the titles on that list. And Gischler's GO-GO GIRLS OF THE APOCALYPSE comes out July 8.

Fred Blosser said...

For me, anymore, just the term "door stopper" is a reason not to pick up a novel, because it usually means, "The author and the editor should have cut out the fat."

Unknown said...

I'm sure I won't read any of the ones on the list (well, maybe that Rooskie serial killer one), but I've read Victor's, and I'll read Dusty's for sure.

Cap'n Bob said...

Ditto, Bill. Nothing there excites my interest.