Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Top 10 Lavish Ballpark Foods

RealClearSports - Top 10 Lavish Ballpark Foods - Top 10 Lavish Ballpark Foods: "The Major League Baseball season got in full swing Monday afternoon, with a majority of teams beginning their 2009 season. If you were one of the lucky fans that attended and Opening Day game, you may have noticed some new eats at your favorite ballpark. More and more teams are introducing new, lavish foods – it ain’t peanuts and Cracker Jacks anymore."

A tip of the Crider Astros cap to Art Scott.

4 comments:

Richard R said...

Just what we need during the New Depression. Doesn't anyone realize people can't afford "new, lavish, more expensive" things? Sheer idiocy.

Has anyone else noticed that in the face of the economic thrash-out, record unemployment and the impoverishing of America that everyone is RAISING prices; whether it's books, fast food or iTunes? WTF???

Cap'n Bob said...

They keep saying Cracker Jacks in that column. Wrong. It's Cracker Jack, without the s.

Vince said...

I have not had the salmon sandwich - or the Ichi-roll sushi, for that matter - at Safeco Field. I'm strictly a hot dog 'n beer man when it comes to the ballpark.

But I will try those cannoli when I go to Citi Field later this year.

Brent McKee said...

I'm not so sure that these are particularly lavish or high end, but rather regional delicacies that get put on the menu at the ballpark. I mean I know that perogies aren't overly expensive (they aren't my favourite Polish/Ukranian food, but done right they're delicious).