Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Sister Carol Anne O'Marie, R. I. P.

Mystery Fanfare: "I was saddened to learn of the death of Sister Carol Anne O'Marie. She touched so many lives during her career, as a mystery writer, a religious, an educator, a humanitarian. She will be missed by so many people.

Sister Carol Anne O'Marie wrote 11 mystery novels featuring sleuth Sister Mary Helen, a gray-haired, crime-solving nun. O'Marie said her San Francisco-based character was based on the principal of a grammar school where she had taught, and she used people and situations she experienced during her life in her novels, even going to the Calistoga mud baths for 'research'-a bit out of the 'order.'"

3 comments:

Unknown said...

wow, this is my mom's favorite author. I don't how she's going to take that one

Donna said...

Sad news. I enjoyed her mysteries. Sr. Mary Helen and Sr. Eileen were great characters.

Nik Morton said...

Some of her books are published by Robert Hale in UK. I was naturally aware of her character when I created my own Sister Rose... so had to make her different!