Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The Crime Girl

Bayou City History: "The Roving Mike": All about "the crime girl": "'You know the song: 'A woman goes from man to man like a silver dollar goes from hand to hand.' I've been that kind of woman. I've gone from man to man, lower and lower every time.'

That's how young Lynnda Clark -- a jailed Houston carhop -- described her downward spiral in an August 1951 interview with the Houston Press."

A great title, and if you go to the link, you'll see a photo that looks like the cover of an old paperback. It's great. Trust me.

This site was recommended by the astute John Duke.

2 comments:

Deb said...

She reminds me of Barbara Graham of "I Want to Live"--played so memorably by Susan Hayward. Same sort of life and background.

mybillcrider said...

Let's hope her story had a better ending.