Thursday, March 18, 2010

I'm Already Invisible to Servers in Restaurants

Researchers create 3-D invisibility cloak: study: "European researchers have taken the world a step closer to fictional wizard Harry Potter's invisibility cape after they made an object disappear using a three-dimensional 'cloak,' a study published Thursday in the US-based journal Science showed.

Scientists from Karlsruhe Institute of Technology in Germany and Imperial College London used the cloak, made using photonic crystals with a structure resembling piles of wood, to conceal a small bump on a gold surface, they wrote in Science.

'It's kind of like hiding a small object underneath a carpet -- except this time the carpet also disappears,' they said."

2 comments:

Cap'n Bob said...

I go to LA and when I come back I find your blog has a totally new look. It's unsettling, Bill.

As for invisibility, I've never been noticed in my life unless it's to catch the blame for something.

Membership Website Software said...

It really is a breakthrough. Though for now they only have been able to hide what isn't visible to normal eyes but I guess with time, scientists will be able to make humans invisible.