Wednesday, April 13, 2011

PimPage: An Occasional Feature in Which I Call Interesting Books to Your Attention

This is the first book in a new series by James Reasoner, one of the best dad-blamed western writers around. I read this book in manuscript so I could give it a blurb, which you can see on the back cover if not the front.

The book's one of those that's going to be about a whole town, and James has done that kind of thing before in the Abilene series (writing as Justin Ladd) and the Wind River Series under his own name, but this one's different. How? Mainly in its protagonist, who's not the usual western hero. His name's Bill Harvey, and he's a young guy just starting out in life. Through a series of circumstances that he's not in control of, he finds himself put into a position of big responsibility. It's going to be fun to watch him change and grow as the series goes along. Highly recommended reading.

2 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

I have my copy of this. It looks very good.

Gerard Saylor said...

After living in Kansas a few years and vacationing there every summer I like to read westerns set there.