Tuesday, March 06, 2012

PaperBack



Zelda Popkin, The Journey Home, Pocket Books, 1946

I don't know when or where I picked this book up. I probably bought it because of Popkin's reputation as a crime writer, but this was her must successful book as far as sales go. My copy has obviously never been read. On the flyleaf in neat cursive is the following notation: Olivia L. Wilson, March 30, 1946, Palestine, Texas. I find little things like this interesting. Who was Ms. Wilson, and why didn't she read the book? Was it a gift? Or a purchase that got laid aside for some reason and never picked up? It's possible that she's still alive, and I wonder where she is now. Wherever she is, I'll bet she doesn't remember this book or know that some guy in Alvin, Texas, is thinking about her.


No comments: