Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Photos of Queen Elizabeth Before She Was a Great-Grandmother

When I was but a child, I watched Queen Elizabeth's coronation on TV. This was a very big deal, because my family didn't have a TV set.  My cousin did, however, so we went to his house to watch on his little black and white set. In those days, TV reception was pretty iffy, and I remember that there was a lot of interference ("snow" we called it) on the screen. But we watched the whole ceremony, and still remember parts of it. This was a bit more than 61 years ago. Both she and I look a little different now, but once upon a time we were young and looking forward to what the years would bring.

Photos of Queen Elizabeth Before She Was a Great-Grandmother

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stay off both of their lawns.


Jeff

Unknown said...

Durn tootin'.