Friday, August 15, 2014

California

Now that Judy and I have recuperated from our trip to California, I'll put a few photos on the blog.  Judy did very well on the trip.  We took it easy, and she had only one day when she was too tired to do anything.  The hardest part of the trip was the flight home.  Even that wasn't bad.  It was what happened after we landed in Houston that was bad.  I won't go into details, but I'll just say that it was more than an hour and a half after we touched down until we got to our car in the parking lot.  If the airlines don't get you one way, they'll get you another.  

One reason the flights themselves weren't bad was that we were "pre-checked" for some reason.  We didn't have to worry about the security lines.  We went through a special "pre-check" line and didn't have to remove our shoes or jackets.  It was almost like the old days (which I still miss).

The photo is of me standing in an art installation at Cornerstone, near Sonoma.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss those days too. Even with a cane Jackie didn't get any special consideration, but if you ask for a wheelchair you get treated pretty well. And believe me, some of the people using wheelchairs did not seem to really need them.

But that's between them and their conscience.

Glad Judy made it through the trip OK. Traveling by air these days is never fun, unless you go business class to Europe of course.

;)


Jeff

George said...

Looks like you're starring in a science fiction movie!

Anonymous said...

Looks a little evangelical to me.

Glad you guys a good (mostly) trip.

John D

mybillcrider said...

Judy refused to let me get her a wheelchair, but we did ride the cart once.

Fred Blosser said...

When my wife flew to Austin last year to help our daughter with her new baby, she got that "pre-checked" status unexpectedly. When we both flew out to visit the kids over Christmas, we both were "pre-checked." In several trips since then on travel as a federal employee, I've had to go through the usual TSA lines. The Post had an article a few months ago reporting that TSA was running a trial program to give people "pre-checked" status on a somewhat random basis, as a way of encouraging more people to pay a fee and officially sign up. Guess it's still continuing. Glad you and Judy had a smooth trip in that regard, at least!

mybillcrider said...

I sure hope I get it again if I ever fly.