Sunday, May 03, 2015

Free for Kindle for a Limited Time

Enamored (Lucien Caye Private Eye Novel Book 2) - Kindle edition by O'Neil De Noux. Mystery, Thriller & Suspense Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com.  She crossed Canal Street from the neutral ground, walked right past me and I watched her come and go, both views unforgettable. I’m not kidding. A woman can do that on occasion, sear an indelible image in a man’s mind. 

She was the woman in gray. That’s how I thought of her the following days as she popped in and out of my mind, tapping me on the shoulder over coffee, whispering in my ear, “I was real.” I didn’t obsess over her image. It just came and went, more like a photograph than a motion picture, although she had moved quite nicely. She remained a snapshot, the woman in gray, until a week later when she stepped from the darkness beneath the balcony of my building shortly after midnight, on a sultry Thursday night – 

Thus begins the most elusive case in New Orleans private eye Lucien Caye’s career, a case of lust and murder, a case that will baffle him, intrigue him, make him fall in love – three times. The case of a desirable woman enamored of a undesirable man defies understanding, yet the human heart rarely listens to the human brain. A smart guy like Lucien should know better, but his mind has trouble controlling his libido, much less his heart.

No comments: