Saturday, August 06, 2005

Fantastic Four


Now you know it's true: I'll watch just about anything. Actually it wasn't too bad, considering that most of the movie was setting up all the relationships between the characters and getting that out of the way before the inevitable sequel. I thought the acting was OK, though nobody's going to be up for any awards. Chris Evans as Johnny Storm was the only one who seemed to be having a whole lot of fun, and I enjoyed his performance. The script was pretty bad. Back when I started reading comics (long before the Fantastic Four came along), a favorite exclamation was "What the . . . ?" I found myself saying that a lot during the movie. It wasn't so much that things didn't make sense as that they were just goofy. OK, and sometimes they didn't make sense, either. What the heck. Watching this wasn't a bad way to spend a hot summer afternoon.

No comments: