Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Art Scott Sez . . .


Art Scott, for my money, is the expert on paperback cover art. (He's a driving force behind this book.)

Of the post immediately below, he has this to say: "Vince has a sharp eye. I think it's a fact that the inspiration for Twilight Women / Aphrodite's Lover WAS Bettie Page. See attached, artist just mirror flipped her head the other way. Perhaps you can work this into the display somehow with a NSFW disclaimer."

I've included the "safe for work" version here, this being a family blog, but you can see the two pictures together here, at least temporarily, in the NSFW version and make your own decision. Art Scott reports, you decide.

3 comments:

FizzWater said...

You know, I used to visit Bill's blog to get intellectual stimulation about books and writers...

Now I find myself getting stimulated in another way.

mybillcrider said...

Hey, this is about books. Covers are attached to books, right?

Vince said...

Damn, I'm good. If I do say so myself.