Friday, November 17, 2006

Torture Trek -- Ryerson Johnson


I sometimes enjoy the introduction to a book as much as the rest of the contents, so I know I've written before something like this: "The introduction alone is worth the price of the book." This is true again of Torture Trek, a collection of Ryerson Johnson's stories, but then I found the book at Half-Price Books and paid only two bucks for it. I haven't read any of the stories, but Johnson's 17-page intro, telling of his days as a pulpster, has already been more than worth the price of the book. If you see this one, check it out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hell, in this case, I'd say the title alone is worth the price of the introduction.
========================

Detectives Beyond Borders
"Because Murder is More Fun Away From Home"
http://detectivesbeyondborders.blogspot.com/