Friday, January 12, 2007

James Reasoner Reaches a Milestone

Rough Edges: #200:
"Today I wrapped up my 200th book, which happened to be a house-name Western, like #100 (although in a different series from that earlier milestone). When I started out in this business, I didn't know how many books I'd be able to write, of course, let alone how many I could sell. I thought fifty would be a lot. That goal got revised upward to 100, then 150. Now I don't really worry about things like that anymore. I'm just going to write until I can't anymore."

I've been in awe of James' writing abilities since I first started corresponding with him more than a quarter of a century ago.

Keep on truckin', James. I hope you write 500 novels. Or 1000.

4 comments:

Cap'n Bob said...

What's even more amazing is that his quality remains sky high as his quantity increases.

Unknown said...

It hardly seems fair, right?

Anonymous said...

The amazing thing is not just the number but that all of them are good and some of them are (Tony the Tiger here) GREATTT! And that's not counting all his equally great short stories.

--Ed Gorman

James Reasoner said...

You guys are too kind. Not that I don't appreciate it.