Monday, March 12, 2007

Ken Bruen Appreciation Day

Sandra Ruttan: On Life And Other Inconveniences: Ken Bruen: "It might have been more appropriate if this was March 17th, but today is International Ken Bruen Appreciation Day."

I discovered Ken Bruen's work earlier than a lot of others, with the publication of The White Trilogy. Jeff Meyerson recommended it in the pages of his apazine, and I had a copy already, so I read it. I was blown away by the writing style and the characters. I could tell at once that Ken Bruen was unique. I met him in Toronto at the Bouchercon and went up after his panel to tell him how much I'd enjoyed his work. I was surprised when he said he knew who I was (I'm always surprised when some says that), and it was a pleasure to get to talk to him a bit more at the (as always) crowded St. Martin's party. I've managed read pretty much every crime novel he's written now, but the good news is that I'm certain there'll be many more to come.

No comments: