Thursday, May 31, 2007

It Was 40 Years Ago Today, er, Tomorrow

Thanks to John Duke for the tip. Like some of you, I can remember where I was when I first heard it. Others of you whippersnappers weren't even born yet.

nme.com: The Beatles' album 'Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band' is 40 years old tomorrow (June 1) - and to celebrate the occasion, we want your thoughts on arguably the most famous album of all time.

The LP was revered on its' 1967 release, both a critical and popular sensation. It was seen as innovative in every possible sense, from the recording techniques to the astonishing cover. Designed by Peter Blake, it featured the band themselves surrounded by cardboard cut-outs of famous people chosen by the band.

1 comment:

Randy Johnson said...

I was at that age, fifteen, when the Beatles first hit. I still love listening to that music as much now as then. Maybe it's reliving those days of my callow youth.