Sunday, June 15, 2008

Robert E. Howard's Grave

Click the link for more and for a photo.

The Brownwood Bulletin - Brownwood, TX > News > Fans of Robert E. Howard stop at grave in Greenleaf: "Cross Plains author Robert E. Howard is most famous for creating the Conan character popularized in contemporary culture by a movie starring Arnold Schwarzenegger. But it’s Howard’s poetry that made Barbara Barrett of Sacramento, Calif., a fan.

“I’ve been interested in Howard for about two years,” Barrett said Saturday morning during a stop at the graves of Howard and his parents at Greenleaf Cemetery in Brownwood. “But it’s his poetry that’s most impressed me. I was a caregiver for my mother, and so was Howard. I read his poetry, and I knew immediately that here was someone who understood. There’s a place of beauty in the heart of someone who wrote that.”"

No comments: