Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I'd Rather Have a Burger

But anything to save the world. Thanks to Art Scott for the link.

Rat snacks can solve world food price crisis: Indian official: "Eating rats is the best way for rich and poor people to solve the global crisis of rising food prices, an Indian official said Wednesday as he unveiled his plan to put rodents on menus.

Regular rat snacks would translate into fewer rodents eating precious grain stocks -- 50 percent of which are lost in the northeastern state of Bihar every year to the animals, said Vijay Prakash, secretary of the state's welfare department."

9 comments:

Benjie said...

Coming soon to a fast food joint near you:

McRat Snacks, or
RATatouie, or
Rat Patty Supreme

B. Rehder said...

Strawberry tart?

Well, uh, it's got some rat in it.

mybillcrider said...

So does just about everything, and I really wish you hadn't reminded me.

Anonymous said...

Years ago the Firesign Theater -- remember them! -- did some fast food tv ad parodies. One of them was Rat on a Stick.
Art Scott

mybillcrider said...

"Don't Crush that Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers."

Anonymous said...

If they're going to serve rat at "internationa five-star hotels" I know where to start:

(say it with me)

Paris Hilton

Jeff

Anonymous said...

If the idea catches on, it might lead to rat farming, and wind up being counterproductive. Don't people in some parts of the world already eat rat?

Anonymous said...

King Rat really grossed me out when I read it for this very reason.

Cap'n Bob said...

If it's good enough for the cast of Survivor, it's good enough for America. Except me. I've had pet rats and I'd feel badly about eating one.

I'm reminded of my plan to deal with unwanted dogs in this country, though. Sell them to countries where dog is a food item. Everyone wins.