Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Hooray for Kroger! (Again)

Since the cable's still out at the house, and since Comcast won't even venture a guess as to when it'll be back on, I'm back here at Kroger (my favorite store), taking advantage of the wi-fi again.  The smell of the cinnamon rolls in the bakery is really getting to me.  I need a cinnamon roll.

When I plugged in my main computer at home and turned it on, it crashed.  Or refused to boot, which I guess is the same thing.  Something about a missing DLL or a bad driver, or missing memory, depending on which error message you choose to believe.  I'll have someone look at it because I really would like to keep using Windows XP and that same drive.  I backed everything up before the storm, so nothing's lost, thank goodness.

We have a little color TV set with rabbit ears, so we can get four channels.   Not that there's anything on I want to see.  I've lost interest in Heroes.  Some of the new shows look interesting, so maybe I'll give one of them a try.

3 comments:

JD Rhoades said...

Four channels...takes you back, dunnit?

pattinase (abbott) said...

I know someone out there is going to write a story about Bill Crider, sitting amongst the pastry at Krogers and typing away. If I can just figure out how to work a murder in.

Brent McKee said...

Just be smart enough to run far and fast from Knight Rider you'll be okay. The Mentalist looks good and Fringe is great in a creepy odd sort of way. And on Sunday, my favourite show - The Amazing Race (six time Emmy winner!) - is back for another season.