Sunday, February 22, 2009

Keep off His Lawn!

Man nearing 100 drives 90-mile commute - UPI.com: "NORTHBROOK, Ill., Feb. 21 (UPI) -- Max Fabian, 99, says he still drives 90 miles per day back and forth from his job at a Chicago-area wire company because he just needs to keep busy.


A plant watchman and 'jack-of-all-trades' at A-Z Industries Inc., of Northbrook, Ill., Fabian commutes to the job in his Buick LeSabre every day from his home in Niles, Ill., despite getting ready to celebrate his 100th birthday next month, The Chicago Tribune reported Saturday.

A bachelor, Fabian says he 'just needs to keep busy' at his age and is mainly motivated because of his loyalty to A-Z Industries' owners, the Anixter family."

2 comments:

Bill Cameron said...

Holy crap. And I complain about my commute, which involves me walking down a set of stairs. Sometimes it's worse, though, because I have to walk back up again, having forgotten my cup of coffee.

Unknown said...

I'll bet that guy couldn't make it up those stairs.