Monday, July 12, 2010

Another "Re-Branding"

Village People 'dismayed' at YMCA name change - Story - World - 3 News: "The Young Men's Christian Association, made famous in the Village People song 'YMCA', is changing its name.

From now on, it will be known simply as 'The Y' – much to the dismay of the '70s disco group.

'We are deeply dismayed by today's announcement from the YMCA that they feel a name change and a rebranding are in order after 166 years,' the group said in a statement released this morning."

3 comments:

Ivan G Shreve Jr said...

I guess that means I'll have to retire my "Hotel Yimca" joke, too.

Gerard said...

I have a joke but it's a bit too dirty for here. It's probably not very funny either.

Cap'n Bob said...

I hate all this dumbing down of names. KFC started it, I'll bet.