Friday, February 11, 2011

Save the Baltimore Poe House

Edward Pettit - Ed & Edgar - Save the Baltimore Poe House: "Recently, the Baltimore Poe House and Museum revealed that the City of Baltimore cut all of their funding in July 2010. They have some dollars to keep running a bit longer, maybe until June 2012, but nothing is certain except the city has no plans to continue funding the site. The city has told the Poe House they must develop a plan for becoming a self-sufficient institution. Those of you familiar with my longstanding battle with Baltimore over the literary legacy of Edgar Allan Poe may think that this is the moment when I raise my arms and shout “I win!” But I’m not. The Baltimore Poe House needs to remain open and the way in which it is funded needs to continue.

Sign the petition, but just as importantly, pass the word about it. Email your friends. Post it on Facebook. Post it on Twitter. The budget for Baltimore has not yet passed, so if we raise enough ruckus, perhaps they will change their minds and keep funding the House."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this. I just signed it.