Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Jack Vance, R. I. P.

Jack Vance Website - Home: Jack Vance passed away at home on the evening of Sunday May 26, 2013, ending a long, rich and productive life. Recognized most widely as an author, family and friends also knew a generous, large-hearted, rugged, congenial, hard-working, optimistic and unpretentious individual whose curiosity, sense of wonder and sheer love of life were an inspiration in themselves. Author, friend, father and grandfather – there will never be another like Jack Vance.

3 comments:

Bud said...

Big Planet and The Languages of Pao, read back when I was an early teen, remain my Jack Vance favorites. Don't think he was capable of writing a bad story! Glad I was able to meet him at a Con 30 years ago.

mybillcrider said...

BIG PLANET is a huge favorite of mine. I'm sure that his mysteries had a lot to do with my own crime fiction. I need to reread one of them. I've never met him in person, but I've talked to him on the phone several times in the last year or so.

Todd Mason said...

Cool, that. After his praise of your books, I take it...the man had taste as well as talent.